Notice of Race for the Hobie Cat 16 European Championship 2013 received final approval from both EHCA and FIV - Federazione Italiana Vela and it can now be downloaded in pdf format (5.3 Mb).
The official entry form was available online a few days earlier. Pre-registration deadline was set on August 31st, 2013 (higher entry fees after that date).
|event||until Aug 31st, 2013||after Aug 31st, 2013|
|Hobie 16 Youth Spi||€ 90||€ 140|
|Hobie 16 Women||€ 90||€ 140|
|Hobie 16 Masters||€ 90||€ 140|
|Hobie 16 Open Spi Cup||€ 90||€ 140|
|Hobie 16 Open||€ 180||€ 270|
|Hobie 16 Spi Cup + Open||€ 250||€ 360|
|Hobie 16 Women + Open||€ 250||€ 360|
|Hobie 16 Masters + Open||€ 250||€ 360|
There will be 64 spots in total for the Gold Fleet races at the 2013 Hobie Cat 16 Open European Championship. EHCA Nations have 39 of those spots to distribute among their pre-qualified skippers:
- Austria, 2 spots
- Belgium, 2
- Channel Islands, 2
- Denmark, 2
- France, 8
- Germany, 9
- Holland, 3
- Italy, 4
- Poland, 2
- Portugal, 3
- Sweden, 2
The remaining 25 spots will be assigned as follows:
- The past champion is directly admitted to the Gold Fleet.
- The host nation (Italy) has 1 extra spot.
- EHCA will grant 2 wild cards.
Any spot not used will be assigned to the Open qualifiers.
- Women fleet, 1 spot (but only if 12 teams or more will compete in the Women Championship races);
- Masters fleet, 1 spot (but only if 12 teams or more will compete in the Masters Championship races);
Any spot not secured by Women and/or Masters competitors will be assigned to the Open qualifiers.
- Youth fleet: will receive a number of spots (not less than 7, not more than 15) based on the number of participants to the Youth event. Any pre-qualified skipper will not be counted to reach the total of spots to be assigned.
All the remaining spots will be earned through the HC16 Open Qualifying Series.
A few notes from EHCA, about some questions we are receiving:
- teams pre-qualified to the Gold Fleet are not allowed to race the Qualifying races;
- pre-qualified Youth teams cannot compete in the Qualifying races;
- not pre-qualified Youth teams are not allowed to skip the Youth races to jump to the Qualifying races;
- only pre-qualified Youth teams can (and must) register in advance for both the Youth and Open events.